Tuesday, September 25, 2007

And the Winner Is?

Iran. The ill-conceived invasion of Iraq has certainly benefitted Iran. The United States not only toppled Iran's most hated enemy, but replaced it with a government friendly to Iran. It has befuddled me for some time why Bush has been so involved in saber-rattling at Iran, when the current government of Iraq is really Iran's best regional ally. Then an article comes out from Salon.com from Peter Galbraith that really put the pieces together for me and confirmed my befuddlement.

http://www.salon.com/opinion/feature/2007/09/24/Iran/index.html

Bush prides himself on being a decider who bases his decisions on instinct. I've had it up to my eyeballs with Bush's instinct. I wish he'd pick up a book or talk to someone in the know instead of basing his policies on ignorance based hubris.

Ok, I feel much better now.

No comments: