Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Jon Stewart Hit the Nail on the Head

Last night watching Jon Stewart, I just about sprayed my glass of water all over the room, as he lampooned our MSM and what they said Michelle Obama had to do in her speech, such as "show that she loves America." Of course, because she is a Democrat, she has to prove that, since everyone knows that Republicans love America. But then Stewart hit the ball out of the park when he said, "they just hate half the people in it" or something to that effect. Damn, that was good.

3 comments:

Urban Koda said...

I didn't spray water, but I did awaken my sweet wife with my raucous laughter.

It's a pretty sad state of affairs when the most objective news source you can get is a comedian on Comedy Central.

Anonymous said...

Umm, there is a reason the MSM said that. She really did actually say "What we have learned over this year is that hope is making a comeback. It is making a comeback. And let me tell you something -- for the first time in my adult lifetime, I am really proud of my country."

Obi wan liberali said...

I'm trying to understand relevance to my post. I was talking about Jon Stewart's rather insightful quip, that Republicans tend to love their country, but despise those who have a different view of our country than they do. I don't know what Michelle Obama's comment, steeped into decades of slavery, apartheid, and overt discrimination based upon skin color, has anything to do with it.

Heck, if I was African-American, I might view our country through a similar lense. That is why the party of John C. Calhoun, nominating a person of part African descent is ground-breaking.

BTW, do a google search and read about J.C. Calhoun. He was an important historical figure, and a Democrat, a Democrat that I don't claim representative of the current party.

Education. It takes time and energy. I may have the energy, but I may not have the time. Thanks for visiting.