Sunday, August 10, 2008

Recharging My Personal Battery

As I mentioned in a previous post, I have tired of the highly charged, partisan political debates as of late. Though some would say, that I have contributed to the partisan debate, what I've seen during the last month and a half, is the descent of the Republican party into their typical Rovian smear campaigns that brought us eight years of a disasterous Bush legacy. What has disappointed me in the past, and continues to disappoint me today, is how effective such gross manipulations and dishonest propagandizing is to a seemingly cerebrum deficient electorate.

So, atleast till the Olympics is over, I'm going to focus on the positive. I'm drawing back from my memories of people who I knew at a local level who made a real difference and continue to do so. It is a reminder that there are good-hearted people out there who make a difference every day. People who overcome obstacles yet make a difference in ways that usually go unnoticed. The individuals I will highlight will be given an alias, so don't try to look these people up. But trust me, they are as real as the star that heats our planet.

But recognize, that in the end, this is selfish on my part. The purpose of this analysis is to be able to stand back, and regain some of the trust I have in the basic goodness of many Americans. I need to remind myself of the role models out there that go beyond rhetoric and follow their consciense and their hearts.

No comments: