Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Michelle "freeking" Obama

All I can say is wow! What a great address from a future first lady. She seemed to talk from her heart about those things important to her. Michelle Obama is smart, and has opinions. Personally I like a first lady with opinions. Eleanor Roosevelt pushed Franklin to address issues he was uncomfortable dealing with for political reasons. And let's compare her to McCain's first lady. A woman who cheated with McCain with McCain's first wife, disfigured and disabled by a car accident. There is an intellectual depth about Michelle Obama that I respect, but more than that, she appears to have a soul and heart. To her credit, I think she touched alot of people. And ya know, admittedly, I am a sucker for kids. I have a 18 month old myself and keep in mind, that seeing those kids act as naturally as they did, was very effective.

A very nice night for the Obamas.

1 comment:

Urban Koda said...

After reading this earlier today, I decided I need to see the speech for myself. All I can say is WOW!

My impressions were that she is a very classy lady. Not afraid to be feminine and not afraid to stand by her husband in doing the right thing.

I was touched most especially by the warmth I could feel between Michelle and her husband. It didn't seem forced, it wasn't unnatural, rather it looked real and genuine. I get those feelings when I watch Barrack speak as well. Very real, very genuine and very classy. I'm excited for his presidency.